Pages

Vintage French Bunting

This is how I spent Sunday afternoon.

 Printing beautiful vintage french images for a bunting to hang in the Prairie Sage Studio. I'm thinking I should make a few for my booth at the antique shop in Gladewater. What do you think? All images are courtesy of Karen at the Graphics Fairy Blog. {Find her blog here}

I used the Freezer Paper transfer technique. Find the tutorial HERE! You can also use the Shipping Label technique for printing onto fabric and that tutorial is HERE

My studio decor definitely has as a shabby french theme to it. I guess this was no accident as the majority of the furniture I collect to rent for wedding decor is french Provencal. I think I've mentioned a few times how much I love furniture with curves.  {currently on the lookout for a sideboard; if you see one please alert me}

I stitched the image fabric to a gold brocade flag triangle and added embellishments from the sewing notions stash my mom gave me. I hope your mom has a closet full of sewing notions, trims and generally 'cool' stuff. It's so much fun to dig into my mom's closet. Not too long ago we hauled boxes of old photos from her closet shelf. 
This will look completely awesome in my studio. I am planning an Open House for Sunday October 21 from 2-5pm. Ya'll come by if you're in  the neighborhood. The studio is at 633 Harris Street in Kilgore Texas, right across from the football stadium. Which means I get to work on rad wedding decor for upcoming weddings and listen to the marching band music on Friday nights. How cool is that? We love our high school football in Texas :)

But back to Marie and this frenchified bunting decor. I love it and will be linking it up to the Graphics Fairy blog today for Brag Monday. Thanks Karen!
If you're visiting the blog "Welcome to the Prairie" & please leave a comment so I know you stopped by. Have a Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment